Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Let the cravings begin!

It's hard to remember (maybe I should have written this down before???) when the pregnancy cravings started with Daniel. I seem to recall that "salty" things were MUCH preferred over "sweet" things (in fact, sweet things were downright gag-worthy for while!). But things seem to have come on in full force...like...now!

Lemon flavored things are particularly appealing. I'm not sure when I figured this out, and perhaps it was serendipity, but having a frozen lemon fruit bar was delicious! Lemonade was next (it seemed more appealing than Diet Coke at McDonald's the other day). Lemonheads candy seems really good right now (even as I type this!) as does just about any other lemon candy. I was a bit disappointed that one of the teas that I tried the other day has ingredients that I shouldn't consume while pregnant (lemongrass and eucalyptus).

And in for a repeat performance...breadsticks! It's on the list of "salty" foods that are my favorite, and I don't know why it's breadsticks in particular that seem so good!

I think we're in for a LONG 9 months if these cravings are here to stay (or...34 weeks and 2 days to go!). Somehow I don't think I'll be as lucky as to not gain any weight with this pregnancy as happened with Daniel. Eeek!

No comments:

Post a Comment